Storify Feed Feedburner Facebook Twitter Flickr Youtube

ROS Lboard

ASNB declares 6.6 sen dividend for ASW 2020

August 27, 2012

KUALA LUMPUR: Permodalan Nasional Bhd’s (PNB) wholly-owned subsidiary, Amanah Saham Nasional Bhd (ASNB), today announced a 6.6 sen per unit income distribution for its Amanah Saham Wawasan 2020 fund in the financial year ending Aug 31, 2012.

This will entail a total payout of RM981.89 million, a 9% increase from last year’s RM900.72 million in dividend payout.

PNB chairman, Ahmad Sarji Abdul Hamid, said the dividend was an increase of 0.1 sen per unit from last year’s 6.5 sen a unit.

While ASNB has the capacity to distribute dividend of up to 8.6 sen for this financial year, it is however carrying forward two sen per unit to the next financial year to assist income distribution in the future.

“A total of 907,594 unit holders, who hold 14.85 billion ASW 2020 units will benefit from the payout,” Ahmad Sarji told a press conference after announcing the income distribution today.

He said despite the unstable share market and world economy brought upon by the European debt crisis, ASW 2020 managed to fulfil its investment objective throughout the financial year, followed by the good performance of the local economy and share market.

As at Aug 15 this year, ASW 2020 recorded a gross income of RM1,205.76 million.

Profit from the sale of shares contributed RM334.59 million or 27.7%, while investment in short term instruments and other income contributed RM204.62 million or 17%.

Dividend income from investee companies amounted to RM666.55 million or 55.3% of the gross income.

Ahmad Sarji said the income distribution would be automatically credited to the unit holders’ accounts on Sept 1, 2012, and all transactions for ASW 2020 have been suspended from Aug 24 to Sept 2, to facilitate the payment.

ASW is a fixed price fund where 51% of the units are opened to Bumiputera investors and the remaining 49% to non-Bumiputera investors.

- Bernama


Comments

Readers are required to have a valid Facebook account to comment on this story. We welcome your opinions to allow a healthy debate. We want our readers to be responsible while commenting and to consider how their views could be received by others. Please be polite and do not use swear words or crude or sexual language or defamatory words. FMT also holds the right to remove comments that violate the letter or spirit of the general commenting rules.

The views expressed in the contents are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of FMT.

Comments