Not to be confused with the soft as air pandan chiffon cake, this cake is infused with gorgeous pandan flavour but it’s buttery with a nice crust. Bake this and your whole house will smell like childhood heaven. Make this for tea today!
227g butter/ 1 block
200g castor sugar
2 Tbs pandan kaya
4 large eggs
20ml pandan juice
½ tsp pandan paste
260g self raising flour
20ml coconut milk
1 tsp baking powder
30g desiccated coconut
1. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy
2. Add eggs one at a time. Add kaya.
3. Alternate dry ingredients with wet. Mix well.
4. Lastly fold coconut milk in.
5. Put in 8 inch pan. Bake at 175 C for 50 mins
Tip: Do not over beat the mixture or you’ll end up with a really dense cake. Don’t be lazy, squeeze out the pandan juice from the leaves instead of using flavouring to get an authentic pandan tasting cake.
We make you happy through food and we now have a food channel! Check our shows at www.friedchillies.tv