Despite promising a solution on July 21, PJS 1 Block E buyers are still waiting for the Selangor MB to get back to them.
The committee’s chairman, M Sugumaran, said that during a meeting on July 21, attended by the housebuyers, Khalid had promised to come up with a solution on their housing woes within a week.
“A month had passed but we have heard nothing from him to date,” said Sugumaran.
In 2003, more than 200 housebuyers of the Block E apartment units were left in the doldrums when developer Peter Brickworks Sdn Bhd reneged on its promise to build the low-cost housing for them.
Although the developer had already built four blocks, they however failed to build Block E due to a court order served against the project by residents near Taman Kanagapuram.
In June last year, Peter Brickworks demolished two of their longhouses to make way for a condominium project after getting a court order.
Subsequently, the Selangor government intervened and promised to build them the low-cost houses instead.
Sugumaran said that the state government had established a task force to resolve their housing problems but claimed it had failed to include the house buyers committee in the team.
He also said that the task force had organised two meetings last month but the committee was not invited to any of the sessions.
“Khalid had promised that we will be included in the task force but we were not invited to the meetings. Why is this happening? Even in court, the affected party will be allowed to give their views,” he said.
Sugumaran also criticised the Petaling Jaya City Hall (MBPJ) for failing to repair the existing longhouses, claiming the state government had allocated funds for the matter.
“MPBJ keeps telling us the funds were insufficient but why not they start the repair works first? They can always ask for additional funds from the state later,” he said.