Storify Feed Feedburner Facebook Twitter Flickr Youtube

ROS Lboard

‘Who killed Altantuya?’ billboards demolished

 | April 27, 2013

DAP's Chong Chieng Jen says the billboards were put up to send a simple but clear message to Najib Tun Razak.

KUCHING: Three billboards with the words “Siapa bunuh Altantuya” that were erected in strategic points in conjunction with Barisan Nasional chairman Najib Tun Razak’s visit to Kuching today have been demolished.

DAP Bandar Kuching candidate Chong Chieng Jen said the billboards were torn down by Kuching South City council’s enforcement officers last night.

Chong said the billboards were erected because the Altantuya Shaariibuu murder case continues to remain a mystery.

“The motive of the murder still remains a mystery, and until now there is no answer as to who ‘C-4’ Altantuya,” he said.

“I regret that last night, after we erected the three billboards, immediately two were taken down by the Kuching South City council enforcement officers.

“One of the officers of the city council who is working as an enforcement officer for Bandar Kuching went overboard in his action when he went to Stampin to dismantle the billboards. The Stampin constituency is not within his jurisdiction, so he has abused his power,” he added.

Chong said the billboards were simple but contained a clear message for Najib regarding an innocent woman who had been murdered in the most cruel manner.

“We are not only concerned with the murder, but also with the implication of the murder on our security in the ministry of defence. The C4 explosives are only available from an army camp.

“A serious matter like this happened without an investigation being carried out. It is really ridiculous that we don’t know when the bomb was missing and who the officer in-charge was,” he added.

“So don’t be too sensitive. This is the issue the people want to know and it will do justice to Altantuya and her family,” he said.

The Mongolian national was murdered and her remains were destroyed with C-4 explosives in October 2006 in a deserted area in Shah Alam. The Shah Alam High court meted out the death sentence to two of the accused on April 9, 2009.

The case continues to make news due to the alleged involvement of persons close to Najib. The latter has denied any wrongdoing.


Comments

Readers are required to have a valid Facebook account to comment on this story. We welcome your opinions to allow a healthy debate. We want our readers to be responsible while commenting and to consider how their views could be received by others. Please be polite and do not use swear words or crude or sexual language or defamatory words. FMT also holds the right to remove comments that violate the letter or spirit of the general commenting rules.

The views expressed in the contents are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of FMT.

Comments