Facebook Twitter Google Plus Vimeo Youtube Feed Feedburner

ROS LBoard 1

More talks on MH370 after latest debris findings

March 26, 2016

Officials of Malaysia, Australia and China to discuss two pieces of wreckage found in Mozambique

Jailani-Johari_mh370_600

HULU TERENGGANU: A special tripartite meeting between Malaysian, Australian and Chinese officials will be held to discuss the latest developments on the discovery of two pieces of debris found in Mozambique, which might be from Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Deputy Communications and Multimedia Minister Jailani Johari, who is also chairman of the Communications and Media Relations Committee on the MH370 tragedy, said the debris had been sent to Australia for inspection by aviation experts of the three countries.

“The cooperation between the three countries is still ongoing and we have always been informed about the discovery of any debris, the fragments need to be analysed to see if they belong to MH370,” he told reporters here.

The MAS Boeing 777-200ER jetliner carrying a total of 239 passengers and crew, vanished from radar screens while en route to Beijing from Kuala Lumpur. The search for the missing plane is being conducted in the southern Indian Ocean.

The first piece of debris was recovered from Mozambique while the second piece, also from that country, had been brought to South Africa by the family who had discovered it.

BERNAMA


Comments

Readers are required to have a valid Facebook account to comment on this story. We welcome your opinions to allow a healthy debate. We want our readers to be responsible while commenting and to consider how their views could be received by others. Please be polite and do not use swear words or crude or sexual language or defamatory words. FMT also holds the right to remove comments that violate the letter or spirit of the general commenting rules.

The views expressed in the contents are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of FMT.

Comments