A company executive in Penang is traumatised after finding 5cm dead lizard in her instant chocolate drink.
GEORGE TOWN: A woman here nearly swallowed a dead lizard together with her 3-in-1 chocolate drink early this morning.
This has caused her to have vomiting spells and stomach cramps.
Tejmine Kaur Sandhu, of Batu Uban here, said she had bought the chocolate drink sachets from a hypermarket on Tuesday and was shocked with what she discovered.
“About 8am, I was mixing drinks for myself and my husband. I poured some water from the thermos into two cups and then mixed two sachets, for my husband and myself.
“At my first sip, there was nothing. Then during my second immediate sip, I felt something.
“I realised that my lips had come into contact with the head of a dead lizard. I screamed in shock,” the branch manager of a credit recovery centre told FMT.
Tejmine, who is in her 30s, said she had washed and rinsed two cups before mixing the drinks. She was sure the lizard was also not from the boiled water.
She said she had regularly bought the 3-in-1 packet of the drink and never encountered any problems before this.
“I have been gagging ever since. My stomach has been cramping. I do not think I can take any chocolate drink any more. I am scared,” Tejmine said.
Tejmine’s husband, Shamsher Singh, took her to a clinic right after the incident.
“Our doctor told us if she does not stop vomiting, she might need to be hospitalised.
“I am planning to initiate legal action against the manufacturers next week,” Shamsher said.
Checks showed the sachet used by Tejmine had an expiration date of May 7, 2018.
The affected sachet was part of a 21-sachet pack. The couple is keeping the 5cm lizard as evidence.