FMT LETTER From P Waythamorthy, via e-mail
I refer to the news report in The Star today at page 12 which quotes as follows;
“He (Waythamoorthy) said Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak had shown sincerity in his initiatives to help the Indian community.
“ We are happy with this matter but would like the Prime Minister to make good on his promises” he said adding that ……
I wish to state the following which would affirm what I had said in my press conference;
1) My press conference was video recorded by Hindraf media TV and we would be making this copy available unedited online soon;
2) I categorically deny having ever said the above passages.
3) The Star should apologise for deliberately misquoting me and make a correction accordingly with immediate effect.
4) I have said that the fact that PM Najib has been going around dishing out handouts to the Indian community is a clear evidence that the BN government acknowledges they have wronged and marginalised the community and that it was time to solve the problem of the Indian community in a comprehensive manner.
5) Hindraf reiterates that this government should address the gross violations of human rights affecting the poor and underclass community.
I hope this would clarify the deliberate and malicious publication of The Star
P Waythamoorthy is the Hindraf chairman