According to comScore, which delivers real-time worldwide box office reporting, the latest installment of the Jack Reacher film starring Cruise raked in $54 million — 28 percent higher than the debut of the first Jack Reacher film back in 2012, notes senior media analyst Paul Dergarabedian.
In second place, the latest cinematic installment of Dan Brown’s novel “Inferno” starring Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon took in $28.9 million.
Here are the top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates as of Sunday, Oct. 23:
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back – Paramount Pictures – $54.0M
- Inferno – Sony – $28.9M
- Tyler Perry’s Boo! A Madea Halloween – Lionsgate – $27.6M
- Mechanic: Resurrection – Multiple – $24.2M
- Ouija: Origin Of Evil – Universal – $22.0M
- Accountant, The – Warner Bros. – $19.6M
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children – 20th Century Fox – $19.5M
- Trolls – 20th Century Fox – $18.0M
- Girl On The Train, The – Multiple – $13.2M
- Luck-Key – Showbox / Mediaplex Inc. – $11.9M
- Bridget Jones’s Baby – Multiple – $10.9M
- Storks – Warner Bros. – $10.9M