You have digested all the reviews, and now after some 10-plus months since its launch in September last year, here are nine reasons why you should test drive the Peugeot 3008 SUV before dismissing it for another purchase.
The moment you step into the showroom, you will appreciate Marion David’s (designer of the Peugeot 3008) product that was initiated back in 2012. Marion and Peugeot chief designer, Gilles Vidal wanted a SUV that doubled as a MPV in versatility.
Sitting on the PSA family EMP2 platform, which brings huge technological and weight advantages, the new 3008 shows a new family look for the brand. Its exterior detailing like the brushed aluminium-look panel on the roof edge and two-tone black on its body, puts forward a premium yet fun-loving look.
Now here are the nine reasons why you should test drive this 3008 before deciding to buy any other segment rival.
1. You will be taken by the new Peugeot 3008 SUV’s surprisingly good looks, quality feel and quality fitment.
2. You will immediately notice the second generation of Peugeot’s i-Cockpit 12-inch digital display in front of the driver, an eight-inch touchscreen for infotainment and navigation, and a small, sporty steering wheel with a flat bottom and flat top. Yes, it’s a unique steering wheel that you’ll miss having in any other SUV.
3. The 1.6-litre THP heart that provides life to the all-new Peugeot 3008 SUV is an award-winning piece of engineering and for good reason, combining the advantages of high-pressure direct injection and advanced turbocharger technology.
The 240Nm it produces arrives at an early 1400rpm, ensuring a highly responsive drive, while the 167PS of power it produces affords effortless acceleration all the way till the 206km/h mark.
4. And, it produces all this performance while sipping a mere 6.5 litres of fuel every 100km.
5. The infotainment system allows the mirroring of a compatible smartphone screen to access the key functionality on the handset. Once paired, functions are displayed on the 8.0″ capacitive colour touchscreen.
Peugeot Mirror Screen® uses the following systems:
• Apple CarPlay®: Just plug in your iPhone to make calls, send and receive messages, listen to music and get directions. Functions can either be controlled via the touchscreen or Siri voice control.
• Mirror Link®: Offering similar functionality to CarPlay®, Mirror Link® allows the seamless pairing of a compatible Android phone to access navigation, music and phone apps.
6. A camera located on the rear of the vehicle is linked to the 8.0” capacitive colour touchscreen. Offering increased visibility when reversing, with a selection of views to choose from, you will never need to physically look back:
• Rear Grid View: A clear view of obstructions to the rear of the vehicle coupled with grid lines oriented to the positioning of the steering wheel, offering perspective for distances of one and two metres respectively from the rear bumper.
• 180° view: Divides the screen into three zones, offering a clear view of vehicles approaching from the side. Perfect for safely reversing out of parking spaces.
• Overhead view: The camera records the surroundings during a manoeuvre to reconstitute an overhead rear view of the vehicle in its immediate environment, making it easier to manoeuvre between surrounding obstacles.
7. The seats are extremely comfortable and supportive up front with good room in the back seats, and adequate knee room for adults. There’s also just enough headroom for anyone under 180cm, which allows basketball players to get comfy.
8. There is plenty of small-item space, including the wireless charging pad, deep door pockets and a very deep-lidded storage box between the front seats.
9. This 3008 weighs in at just 1,371 kg, which is lean compared to its size and available cabin space.
Now that you have this information in hand, it’s time for a test drive at your nearest dealer.
Peugeot 3008 1.6L specifications:
Engine: 4-cylinder 16v Turbo
Power: 163bhp @ 6000rpm
Torque: 240Nm @ 1400rpm
Transmission: 6-speed auto with manual select
0-100km/h: 8.9 seconds
Top speed: 206km/h
Price: From RM134,000.