Hey dudes, you can forget those expensive electric guitar lessons and pick up some cooking skills instead.
In this day and age, it’s easier to be a great cook than a rock star, and besides girls love a man who can cook.
So, what’s an easy, fail-safe delicious recipe that’s bound to impress your date?
Check out this Succulent Roast Chicken & Veggies recipe, courtesy of an all-round good guy and Butterkicap fan:
- 1 whole Chicken
- ½ lemon
- 1-2 tbsp mustard
- Soya sauce
- 3-4 medium potatoes
- 2-3 medium carrots
- 1 medium onion or some garlic cloves (optional)
- 1.5 cups water
- Olive oil
- Dried rosemary
- Salt & Pepper
- Coat chicken in lemon juice.
- Add salt, pepper, mustard to the chicken (amount to taste).
- Add soya sauce to fully coat the chicken. Leave for 30 mins or more to soak up the flavours.
- Cut potatoes and carrots into bite size chunks and boil till half cooked.
- Slice onions or clean garlic cloves.
- Mix potatoes, carrots and onions/garlic together with some olive oil, salt and rosemary.
- Lay vegetables on the tray and place chicken on top (breast side up), add ½ cup water to the tray.
- Cook at 160ᵒC for 30 mins.
- Pour 1 cup water over the chicken.
- Continue baking at 160ᵒC for 25 mins.
This article first appeared in butterkicap.com
Butterkicap is a food and culture platform and community that enables anyone to experience Malaysia through stories of her people, food and places.