Tasked with bringing a dish to a potluck party and absolutely no idea what to cook? How about deep-fried okra, an all-time favourite beer food that one doesn’t usually get the privilege to savour over here.
If you’re up to it, why not try the recipe below.
- Okra (or Lady’s Fingers if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of cornflour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- other spices optional
This is child’s play in terms of cooking, no post-graduate degree in any culinary field required.
- Slice or chop okra into bite sizes.
- Beat the egg, milk, salt, pepper, and cornflour in a mixing bowl till combined.
- Coat the okra.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Serve while hot.
This is one yummy snack that goes very well with cold beer, Kilkenny, Heineken, Guinness, virtually anything.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-make snack, try these Mini Bacon Pizzas. The ingredients are pretty straight forward.
- Bacon (as many slices as you have bread)
- Pasta sauce (tomato base)
- Mozzarella cheese
- Flatten the bread gently with a rolling pin.
- Spread pasta sauce on bread, then add cheese and oregano.
- Carefully lay a strip of bacon over the sauce.
- Roll everything up and hold it together with a toothpick.
- Fry till golden brown (for health freaks, you can bake these).
Too busy to cook? Order a pot of clam chowder from bbq-addicts.com – it’s the best ever.
Trying to influence your cravings since 2005, Kar Yeong was Guest Judge on Versus 1001 Rasa Baba’s 2018, R.AGE Food Fight Judge 2015 and NTV7 Foodie Blogger 2014. To read more about Kar Yeong’s food journeys, visit his blog at www.KYSpeaks.com