If you’re looking for a performance hot hatch, here’s the all new Peugeot 308 GTi at RM199,888 – it’s in Peugeot showrooms right now ready for booking.
Here are some reasons why it’s selling fast.
1. It has a 1.6L inline 4-cylinder, Turbo Direct Injection engine which is all alloy with strengthened internals for high performance.
2. It delivers a class best 270hp @ 6000rpm (Malaysia is the only country in the region that gets this powerful version, all other countries get 250bhp).
3. High speed overtaking power comes easily with its 330Nm @1900rpn.
4. Acceleration from 0-100km/h in just 6.0 seconds.
5. It comes with a 6-speed manual gearbox … for a true driver.
6. It is equipped with torsen LSD 380mm x 32mm front discs + Alcon calipers (made for Peugeot) and 268mm x 12mm rear discs for great stopping power.
The new Peugeot 308 GTi delivers ultimate driving sensations without sacrificing efficiency or passenger comfort.
Boasting all the stylish evolutions of the new Peugeot 308, this GTi version transpires sportiness and exclusivity without ever being ostentatious: lowered chassis by 11mm, a completely new front and rear.
The interior is equally sporty comprising special bucket seats and steering wheel.
Powered by the ultimate THP S&S 270 engine the new Peugeot 308 GTi goes from 0 to 100km/h in only six seconds and takes only 25.3 seconds to travel 1,000m from a standstill position.
The new Peugeot 308 GTi is equipped with a limited-slip Torsen® differential and 19″ Carbone19 wheel rims with Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires.
Fitted with 380mm front brake discs, red-painted callipers branded Peugeot SPORT, and 268mm rear brake discs.
On sale now at all Peugeot showrooms in Malaysia, this first batch has been sold out (12 units) and more are being imported in as you read this so best you go early and book your very own unit.
Pictures by Daniel Fernandez
This article is powered by DS&F, visit www.dsf.my for more automotive updates.