No one cooks it quite like mum… except Sembang! Here’s a wonderfully easy and tasty version of mum’s ultimate comfort food that you too can whip-up in a jiffy for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner.
Nothing fancy required except pantry staples. So here goes…
Ingredients for chilli paste
- 200g fresh red chillies
- 150g dry shrimp
- 50g garlic
- 50g red chilli padi
- Place all dry ingredients into blender.
- Add a little water to ease the blending process.
- Blend ingredients till fine. Set aside for use later.
- Blanch sawi by immersing in hot water. Remove from wok when cooked.
- Heat oil in wok and throw in half a tofu, cut into cubes.
- Remove when browned and drain excess oil.
- Add one whisked egg into the oil and scramble.
- Add red chilli padi into the scrambled egg.
- Throw in 1 tablespoon chilli paste.
- Fry well until raw chilli paste is cooked thoroughly.
- Add 100g mee hoon (softened in water).
- Add in the cooked sawi and tofu cubes.
- Add soy sauce to taste.
- Serve the Mee Hoon Goreng Bonda on a banana leaf. Top with a fried egg drizzled with thick soy sauce.
No 12A-1, Jalan PJU 5/15
47810 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Open: Monday-Saturday, 9:00am-9:00pm, Closed: Sunday
Breakfast: Nasi Lemak Bungkus served outside from 9:00am onwards.
For more information, follow @sembangasia.