AD Bar, a hidden medieval-themed cocktail bar in Bangsar, is well-known for its creative concoctions that play up the feudal concept of the nightspot.
Here, the founders of the fine establishment share the recipe of one of the most beautiful cocktails to be ever seen – Fairy’s Tears.
A mixology masterpiece, the cocktail adds a little bit of fun to drinking by incorporating one of the integral ingredients of the drink – concentrated Butterfly Pea Flower – as a final touch, allowing the drink to change hues from white to purple.
The cocktail also comes with a wide range of health benefits thanks to the use of Butterfly Pea Flower, which is believed to be an antioxidant for the skin. The flower is also known to promote healthy hair and an enhanced immune system.
- Sparkling wine/soda
- Elderflower syrup
- Lychee liquor
- Lime juice
- Butterfly Pea Flowers
• Before preparing the drink, soak four to five butterfly pea flowers in warm water, until it turns a dark blue hue.
• Place ice, 15ml of elderflower syrup, 15ml of lychee liquor, 15ml of lime juice and 50ml of vodka into a shaker.
• After a good shake, pour concoction out into the preferred glassware with a double strain.
• To lessen alcoholic content, top up with sparkling wine or soda.
• Afterwards, pour in 15ml of the butterfly pea flower water and watch the drink turn a bright purple due to the change in its pH level.
• As the final step, add one butterfly pea flower atop the drink as garnish.
This article first appeared in uppre.com