While not everyone’s cup of tea, many do enjoy the odd Marmite sandwich – two slices of bread and butter with a thin smattering of Marmite as a spread. Others stir in a little Marmite into their porridge for an added boost in taste.
For those who simply cannot tolerate the idea of eating a Marmite sandwich or having it in their porridge, there are other ways to enjoy this glossy, thick black spread made from yeast extract.
Sembang’s Marmite Chicken is a lip-smacking bite, to be enjoyed either with rice and a combination of other dishes or simply as a bite with a refreshing drink. Either way, it’s easy to make and delicious to eat.
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 1 tsp Maltose
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi seasoning
- Chicken cut into bite pieces
- Place oil in a wok on medium high heat.
- Fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Set aside.
- Stir Marmite, maltose and Maggi seasoning until well combined, and pour into wok. Simmer for about five minutes or until sauce gets thick.
- Lower heat, then add chicken to thickened sauce and stir-fry until each piece is coated with the dark sauce.
No 12A-1, Jalan PJU 5/15
47810 Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
Open: Monday-Saturday, 9:00am-9:00pm, Closed: Sunday
Breakfast: Nasi Lemak Bungkus served outside from 9:00am onwards.
For more information, follow @sembangasia.