This easy beer bread recipe calls for only four ingredients: beer, self-raising flour, butter and sugar. It’s fail proof and one of the best bread recipes around.
This bread is great for everyday dinner, and especially delightful when entertaining.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups beer
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a 23 cm x 12 cm loaf pan. Mix the flour, sugar, four tablespoons of the melted butter and the beer, stirring until smooth. There will be some small lumps.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon melted butter on the surface.
- Bake the bread for 45 to 50 minutes, until a cake tester inserted comes out clean, or with a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- Remove the bread from the oven. After five minutes, turn it out onto a rack to cool.
- Wait until the bread cools completely before slicing. Serve with your favourite preserves or jam.
This article first appeared in rasamalaysia.com
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.