This lemon-herb roasted potato dish will be the best you’ll ever make as it’s loaded with butter, lemon, garlic, honey, and herbs. Better still? Preparations take just 15 minutes and the oven does all the rest.
Adding a bit of honey makes all the difference as the surfaces resting on the pan become beautifully caramelised and extra tasty.
To make sure your roasted potatoes get the amazing flavours of the herbs and lemon, slit each potato a few times horizontally, but without cutting right through to the very bottom. This is known as hasselback.
• 450g baby potatoes
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons melted butter
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3 dashes ground black pepper
• Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
• Cut horizontal slits on the potatoes. But be careful not to cut right through. Mix all the ingredients for the oil mixture together.
• Place the potatoes in a roasting pan. Gently brush the oil mixture onto the potatoes. Make sure to brush inside the slits. Save some oil mixture for basting during the roasting process.
• Roast the potatoes for one hour, basting the oil mixture after 30-minute using the remaining oil mixture. Serve immediately after roasting.
As a trick to cut these potatoes perfectly, line up two chopsticks horizontally on each side of the potato. Then, use a knife to cut vertically. This will help prevent from cutting all the way through the potatoes.
This article first appeared in rasamalaysia.com
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.