Mazda Malaysia is using the new CX-5 Turbo’s introduction to upgrade their entire CX-5 range with added interior features. Here are seven new important features that you need to know about.
1. Delivering 250bhp of power and 420Nm of torque, this 2.5L turbocharged Skyactiv engine boasts one of the highest compression ratios of any four-cylinder turbocharged engine, at 10.5:1, achieved through a series of innovative SKYACTIV technologies.
2. Drive dynamics is improved with G-Vectoring Plus (GVC Plus), an evolution in SKYACTIV-VEHICLE DYNAMICS that enhances vehicle stability through using the brakes to add direct yaw moment control for a more assured ride.
3. There is also the improved performance of both front and rear dampers and stabilisers, directed at enhancing ease of control during low g-force manoeuvres and stability during high g-force manoeuvres.
4. New across the range is the inclusion of Apple® CarPlay and Android Auto as standard with this Mazda CX-5. The addition of Apple® CarPlay and Android Auto as standard equipment allows you to connect your mobile device to the MZD Connect infotainment system.
Via integration to the steering wheel controls and voice activated commands, the user can send and receive calls and messages, listen to music and follow GPS directions without compromising focus on the road.
5. Styling and comfort have also been updated. More elegantly appointed inside, the range-topping version has been thoroughly revised, adding sumptuous dark russet nappa leather trim, genuine wood dashboard highlights and door inserts and a frameless rear-view mirror.
6. The CX-5 2.5L Turbo accelerates from 0-100km/h in just 7.7 seconds.
7. The 2.5L’s safety arsenal is the equal of, or better than, most luxury premium brands. Features include lane departure warning with steering assistance, radar cruise control, auto high-beam dipping, driver attention alert and rear cross traffic alert with braking.
With this 2.5-litre Skycactiv Turbo CX-5 which delivers 250 horsepower, this Mazda CX-5 now challenges the Mercedes GLA, Audi Q2 and the BMW X1 with a big price advantage.
This article is powered by DS&F, visit www.dsf.my for more automotive updates.