This spicy honey-baked salmon with dijon mustard and Asian chilli-garlic sauce is moist, juicy, delicious and perfect for busy weeknights.
Besides having very few things to wash up later, baking in foil makes the fish taste better as it retains the original flavours of the ingredients.
The active time to put together this recipe is all of 10 minutes – how’s that for easy and quick.
• 450g salmon
• ground black pepper
• 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
• 1 teaspoon whole-grain dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon Asian chilli-garlic sauce or tabasco sauce
• 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
• chopped parsley
• Preheat oven to 400F.
• Rinse salmon with water and pat dry with paper towels. Transfer salmon to a big sheet of aluminium foil. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
• Combine honey, dijon mustard, chilli-garlic sauce or tabasco, apple cider vinegar and sesame oil. Stir to mix well.
• Add this spicy honey sauce to the salmon, spread and coat the surface evenly.
• Fold and wrap the foil tightly and bake in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (depending on the thickness of the salmon).
• Unwrap salmon, garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
This article first appeared in rasamalaysia.com
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.