A healthy and refreshing salad with watermelon, feta cheese, strawberry and mint is all you need to keep hydrated and feeling healthy during this hazy period.
There’s no cooking involved and if you buy pre-cut watermelon, you don’t even have to lift a finger to slice and cube the fruit.
The taste is utterly light, refreshing, and bursting with the sweetness and juiciness of the watermelon. The strawberry adds a nice texture, while feta cheese and mint leaves round out the flavours of this salad.
• 450g diced watermelon (cubed)
• 340g strawberries
• 1 bunch mint leaves, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 1/3 cup orange juice
• 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbles
• If you use a whole watermelon, slice the fruit, remove the thick skin then dice the flesh into big cubes.
• Remove the caps of the strawberries and slice into halves or quarters, depending on the size of the fruit.
• In a salad bowl, combine the watermelon, strawberries, mint leaves, honey, orange juice and feta cheese.
• Serve immediately.
This article first appeared in rasamalaysia.com
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.