NON-HALAL RECIPE: These juicy and tender pork chops can be cooked in just 20 minutes for dinner tonight.
This recipe uses bone-in chops or centre-cut chops as it yields extra flavour from the fat and bone marrow. It’s also cheaper, but go ahead and use boneless if you want leaner meat as the fat has been removed. Do bear in mind however that the end result will be less juicy.
- 450g bone-in pork chops
- coarse salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pinch salt
- lemon wedges
- Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the cooking oil, melted butter and thyme.
- Place the pork chops into the hot skillet.
- Pan sear for about three minutes on each side, or until the surface turns light golden brown.
- Add the garlic to the skillet. Continue to flip the pork chops around and sauté the garlic until light brown. Add a pinch of salt.
- Remove the pork chops from the heat and serve immediately with lemon wedges.
This recipe first appeared in rasamalaysia.com
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.