NON-HALAL RECIPE: This breakfast recipe is healthy, wholesome and delicious. It’s also super easy to make as the oven does all the work so you can get on with your morning organising the kids or brewing the coffee.
These can be baked in advance and kept frozen until ready to be eaten for breakfast on a busy weekday morning.
• cooking spray
• 2 cups small broccoli florets, cooked until crisp-tender
• 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
• 8 large eggs
• 1/4 cup low fat milk
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/2 packed cup)
• Preheat oven to 180°C.
• Coat 12 standard-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
• Divide broccoli and bacon evenly among the muffin cups.
• Crack eggs into a large bowl. Add milk, salt, and pepper; stir with a whisk until well combined.
• Divide egg mixture evenly among muffin cups.
• Sprinkle cheese evenly on top.
• Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until just set. Cool on a wire rack for two to three minutes.
• When ready to serve, run a knife around the edge of each egg bite to gently release it from the pan. Serve immediately.
You can freeze these egg bites. Simply reheat in microwave oven when ready to eat.
This article first appeared in rasamalaysia.com
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.