It takes just 15 minutes to rustle up this delicious dish of sautéed potatoes and mushrooms in butter. It’s a quick and simple one-pan recipe for when you have a picky eater at home.
You need a few secret weapons up your sleeve for fussy eaters and this dish is definitely one of them, as most kids love this.
The simple flavours work well together – the buttery taste, the slightly charred potatoes, and the umami tasting mushrooms are absolutely scrumptious!
This is also a great side dish to serve. There is no need to pre-heat the oven or roast anything. You just need a sauté pan or skillet and 15 minutes later, you have this amazing dish and only one pan to clean.
Make it today and see how your family will be delighted.
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 226 g potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
• 113 g white or cremini mushroom, stems removed and sliced
• 1 pinch salt
• some chopped parsley leaves
You can fancy up this dish with additional ingredients like your favourite cheese topping.
• Add 2 tablespoons butter to a sauté pan or skillet on medium heat.
• Add the potatoes and sauté until they turn slightly charred and light to golden brown in colour.
• Push the potatoes to one side.
• Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and sauté the mushrooms.
• As soon as the mushrooms are cooked, stir to combine both the potatoes and mushrooms.
• Add a pinch of salt and the chopped parsley. Stir to combine well.
• Dish out and serve immediately.
Serves two people. Contains 229 calories.
This article first appeared in Rasa Malaysia.
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.