NON-HALAL RECIPE: This easy steamed mussels recipe takes only 20 minutes and uses simple ingredients. Serve it with spaghetti for a satisfying restaurant-quality dinner.
- 700 g mussels
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parley, Italian parsley preferred
- Scrub and clean the mussels. Remove beard from mussels by pulling it off. Drain and set aside.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat. Add the olive oil. Sauté the garlic before adding the mussels.
- Stir and toss the mussels. Add the white wine and diced tomato.
- Cover the skillet and steam for one minute or until all mussels are open.
- Add the lemon juice, salt (to taste) and parsley. Stir to combine well. Serve hot.
- Ladle the sauce and mussels over the pasta for a complete meal.
This article first appeared in Rasa Malaysia.
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.