Here’s an easy and fail-proof recipe that yields buttery, crispy and crunchy chocolate chip cookies that you can’t stop eating, hot out of your own oven!
Chocolate chip cookies are oh-so-good when they are freshly baked, with tiny bits of chocolate chips that melt in your mouth while the buttery aroma fills the house.
• 320g all-purpose flour
• 80g corn starch
• 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
• 250g unsalted butter
• 120g fine sugar + 100g brown sugar
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
• 250g chocolate chips
• 100g chopped almonds
• 1 1/2 cups canned French fried onions
• Preheat oven to 200°C.
• Combine the flour, corn starch and baking soda in a small bowl.
• Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until creamy. Add eggs and beat well.
• Gradually mix in the flour mixture. Stir in cocoa powder, chocolate chips and chopped almonds.
• Drop by rounded tablespoon onto a baking sheet or parchment paper. You may also use a small round ice cream scoop to shape the cookies.
• Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on wire racks before serving.
• Serve hot immediately.
This article first appeared in Rasa Malaysia.
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.