If you love all sorts of cookies, whip up a batch of these Melting Moment cookies to satisfy your cravings. Melting Moment cookies are aptly named for their buttery shortbread and crumbly texture.
They literally do melt in your mouth as soon as you take a bite. These are the most crumbly, buttery and delicious cookies your guests will ever taste.
• 125g salted butter, room temperature
• 40g powdered sugar
• 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract, (optional)
• 125g potato starch (preferred) or cornstarch
• 80g cake flour
• Powdered sugar for dusting cookies
• Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• In a mixing bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar until creamy, light and fluffy.
• Add in the vanilla extract and stir well. Fold in the potato starch, cake flour and mix well until a soft dough is formed.
• Divide the dough into two rounds. Break off pieces and use your palms to shape them into small balls.
• To make the pattern on the cookies, use a fork and press gently on the top of each cookie. Dip the fork in water after each press to prevent the cookie dough from sticking to the fork.
• Place a baking sheet in the bottom part of the oven. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies turn a very light brown.
• Remove from the oven and let cool for about five minutes. Dust some powdered sugar over the cookies before serving.
This article first appeared in Rasa Malaysia.
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.