Garlic-butter sautéed Asparagus is an easy and healthy asparagus recipe that takes only 10 minutes from preparation to your dinner table.
It is a quick, fresh, and delicious meal. Asparagus is especially healthy for pregnant women as it’s the leading source of folic acid. Asparagus is also packed full of nutrients.
- 300 g young asparagus
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt, to taste
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Lemon juice, (optional)
- Cut the bottom part of the asparagus stems, about 2 centimetres, and discard.
- Heat up a skillet on medium heat and add the melted butter. Sauté the garlic until slightly browned before adding the asparagus. Toss to combine well with the garlic.
- Add salt and ground black pepper. Add a squirt or two of lemon juice, if using. Once the asparagus becomes tender and just cooked, remove from heat and serve immediately.
- Be mindful not to overcook the asparagus.
This article first appeared in Rasa Malaysia.
Low Bee Yinn is a food blogger and cookbook author.