Many Malaysians have grown up enjoying a bowl of soup with their meals. A typical sit down dinner will include one meat dish, a vegetable dish and a soup, for a well-balanced meal.
So, here is a simple recipe for spinach or bayam soup with ikan bilis (anchovies).
- A handful of ikan bilis (dried anchovies)
- A few bulbs of garlic
- Some wolfberries (goji berries)
- A bunch of bayam (spinach)
- 1.5 litres of water
- Boil ikan bilis, garlic and wolfberries for 30 minutes.
- Add bayam and boil for one minute.
- Add salt to taste, maybe some pepper.
- Ready to serve.
- You can stir in an egg or two just before serving for extra protein.
- Some recipes call for the ikan bilis to be discarded, but that’s wasting perfectly good food, especially if you used good quality anchovies.
Read the original article here.
Trying to influence your cravings since 2005, Kar Yeong was Guest Judge on Versus 1001 Rasa Baba’s 2018, R.AGE Food Fight Judge 2015 and NTV7 Foodie Blogger 2014. To read more about Kar Yeong’s food journeys, visit his blog at KYspeaks.com.