Let’s say you want to launch an app for your business. You’ll need developers, designers, copywriters, and others on your team.
You’ll still hire people, but instead of managing the work on an individual basis, a virtual collaborative project manager will save you time and maximise your team’s efficiency.
There is plenty of softwares available, but here’s the top 12 to optimise processes and increase effectiveness.
This is one of the most popular. Users can use it to manage an entire project from start to finish. Because of its features that make it easy to share files and organise conversations, Asana is ideal for:
- Making a master to-do list.
- Assigning a project progress bar.
- Using the “Get things done” method.
- Managing internal conversations with a chat that allows you to have a more direct conversation and cut down on emails.
Users can also change the view from a list to a dashboard or calendar with the click of a mouse. Work can be divided by projects in an organised manner.
Asana is also equipped with project storyboards, and users can integrate external tools like Harvest.
Trello is ideal for:
- Crossing off processes as well as completed tasks.
- Viewing and tracking a project’s progress.
- Planning each step of a project.
- Receiving email notifications when tasks are complete.
- Users can also drag any type of file and attach it to a dashboard, such as photos, captions, and even components from Google Drive.
Trello is unique because of its intuitive design that allows users to easily update a project’s status and track its progress at a glance.
Projects are organised in a dashboard, and all users can see them, add tasks, assign projects, mark them complete, make notes, and more.
With Trello, users can organise projects easily and effectively so the whole team is on the same page.
Its user-friendly interface offers great user experience and a simple, intuitive design to establish an excellent work sequence. Its features include:
- Resource and project management.
- Time control.
With a Monday account, users can upload and attach cards, mention team members, and more. It’s a customisable tool that allows users to work with any methodology that fits their team’s projects. Monday can be integrated with a variety of project management apps.
In addition to the standard features included with a virtual collaboration project management software, Clarizen also includes portfolio, workflow, and resource management tools. Clarizen helps automate professional services at a corporate level and can help automate the workflow for users who provide services that involve repetitive processes.
Clarizen has tools that allow users to view the following online:
- To-do lists.
- Documents and files.
Each team member can use the control panel to see how the other’s work fits into the general project.
Users can make project timelines with interactive graphics and include the entire team. In addition to the traditional features of a project management software, Celoxis can also:
- Report errors.
- See pending tasks.
- Manage tickets.
- Fill out the timesheet.
- Receive notifications.
- Send updates without initiating a session.
- Start discussions.
- Add comments.
- Make references.
- File exchange.
- Start a clock timer for tasks.
- Track a project’s status in real time through its analytical capabilities.
Hive offers flexible project views, time control, and analysis, and users can track a project’s progress with other team members.
Hive has full email integration so users can send and receive Gmail and Outlook messages from the app. It’s well-designed and can accommodate any number of users.
BaseCamp is a Cloud-based manager that operates smoothly and is ideal for collaborative tasks. Team members can manage projects, distribute to-do lists and classify them according to each team member’s role and rank.
Basecamp also allows for assigning responsibilities and different objectives to each role or rank. The interface is easy to use, and teams can adapt to using this platform quickly and easily.
Simple but effective, it’s a comprehensive tool designed specifically for engineering, IT, and consulting teams. It’s easy to set up, since you only have to drag and drop, and it works on computers and smartphones.
It can two-way synchronise with MS Project, JIRA, and Excel, and team members can collaborate using Outlook without starting a session. Workotter integrates with:
- Dropbox, Box
- QuickBooks, and more
Reporting panels can be sent by email and allow for exporting files in Excel, XML, CSV, Word, or PDF.
Backlog is a special cloud-based tool designed for developers and their teams. It’s perfect for developers because it functions as an error tracker and control system for versions.
Backlog provides CVN and Git repositories as well as extraction and combination requests, and a viewfinder for differences and comments online.
Their features include:
- Task administration.
- Personalised fields.
- File administration.
Kabanflow is an excellent software that supports project management. Your company will have the best means of communication available to every professional, regardless of their location.
Kabanflow facilitates collaboration, task updates, task assignments within projects, creating new projects, and everything updates in real time for each team member.
As for its user-friendly, colour-coded interface, it’s easy to adjust to using Kabanflow. It also allows users to add subtasks to tasks, attach files, and even monitor statistics and work time.
Designed specifically for companies, small offices, and for individuals, Paymo’s tools include:
- Project management from start to finish.
- Management and collaboration.
- Time control .
It’s perfect for agencies because users can add task files and comments or assign multi-user tasks when more than one person is responsible for that task.
Once you accept the shared use of a file, users can organise the file in a centralised storage location for every project and more. Users can also activate email notifications whenever someone assigns a new task or takes an action.
Designed to be a cohesive workspace where daily operations and tasks can be easily managed, Bitrix24 allows you to supervise projects throughout every stage.
Bitrix24’s special features include:
- Enabling all team members to collaborate using an option that allows for a smooth flow of messages, activities, chats, surveys, phone integration, and even voice and video calls.
- It’s an excellent CRM – makes tasks like announcements, contacts, talks, invoices, sales information, web forms, and sales authorisations easier.
- Helping with managing tasks and subtasks, department, follow-up on tasks, assigning roles, and more.
- Managing documents as users can save and send out every type of file.
- Managing automatic work time, calculations, summaries, creating work reports, and generating shared calendars.
Click here to find out more about Workana to start hiring or enlisting as a freelancer.