If you’re dealing with depression, you know how annoying and debilitating the cycle of negative thoughts can be, especially when you’re trying to stay productive.
Some days even getting minor tasks done takes a huge amount of effort. Finding the motivation to do anything feels like an impossible task.
Never let your work-life deteriorate, and don’t feel overwhelmed by all the responsibilities.
Here are a few life tips in order to improve your productivity as you go through depression.
1. Set a timer for yourself whenever you have an idea to start on. Give at least five minutes for yourself to think about it.
2. Create a schedule. Even if you have not done it before or not that frequent, it’s still comforting to have something to follow up with.
3. Meditation helps a lot as it stops negative thinking and helps stop panicking especially when you have things to do.
4. If you have the tendency to binge eat when depressed, take the time to prepare your meal as this can help curb this bad habit while managing your diet.
5. Physical activities are important and you can always jump straight into it whenever you feel depressed. It helps to distract your mind even if it’s just for a brief few minutes.
6. Go out for any reason, sometimes it can be immensely helpful to change your surroundings if you find yourself stuck at home the whole time. During office hours, taking a short break and getting out for a while helps too
7. Reading can be incredibly helpful as it gives you a chance to immerse yourself in something else besides obsessing about your depression. Any genre of writing is helpful as long as you have an interest in it.
8. Keep in mind that despite your mind constantly telling you that you’re in a mess, you are not entirely a bad or lazy person.
9. Take the initiative to catch up with a friend or friends. Spending time socialising with friends who support you can help reset your mind.
10. Any small action can gradually produce big results. Take every day little by little, and you will find yourself climbing your mountain of achievements before you know it.
This article first appeared in jobstore.com
Jobstore is an online job site that specialises in providing jobseekers with the latest job opportunities by matching talented individuals with reputable companies in Malaysia. Find your dream job with over 40,000 job vacancies in Malaysia.