Cha-am is a beach town not far from Hua Hin. Almost everyone who visits Hua Hin makes the short trip to Cha-am as it has many attractions.
One of the main attractions is 1,000 Sook Food and Farm, an American-style urban farm situated just beside the main highway.
“1,000 Sook” is Thai for “1,000 Happiness”. The objective of the farm is to give its visitors a sense of happiness by allowing them to play with and pet the animals there.
It also has a café that has received good reviews from travellers and a souvenir shop. 1,000 Sook is well worth a visit and here are the three reasons why.
1. It is easily accessible
The best reason to visit 1,000 Sook is its location. It is easily accessible on Pethkasem Road, the main highway connecting all the major cities in Thailand. People heading north to Bangkok will pass 1,000 Sook.
Not far away from 1,000 Sook are the Santorini Park, designed to look like the Greek tourist island, and a Factory Outlet so a combined visit is a good idea.
2. The design
Visiting 1,000 Sook is like fulfilling a dream of visiting the American countryside, without having to burn a hole in the pocket.
Everything at 1,000 Sook has been carefully designed to resemble the farmlands in the US.
It may be small in size but it offers plenty of photo opportunities to make great memories with the family.
3. Getting up close and personal with the animals
How often do city dwellers get a chance to get up close and personal with farm animals?
1,000 Sook has sheep, ponies and rabbits that visitors can feed and pet. The animals look well-cared for and the farm is well-maintained.
Tips for visiting 1,000 Sook Food and Farm
- It is better to visit during the late evening as the mid-afternoon heat can be intolerable for some;
- If the family is visiting during the mid-afternoon, take an umbrella to protect you from the scorching sun;
- If many people are feeding the animals, refrain from doing so too, otherwise they could be overfed;
- The non-halal restaurant here has had good reviews from travellers – so it’s definitely worth checking out.
1,000 Sook Food and Farm
150 Moo 2
Khai and wife Amira are Malaysian travel bloggers who blog at Kaki Jalans. Their travels have taken them to almost all the countries in Asean and five countries in Europe. They are still actively travelling and adding to this list.