No Malaysians reported injured in New York blast

explode-nY

KUALA LUMPUR: No Malaysians have been reported injured in an explosion at 135 West 23rd Street, Chelsea in New York, on Saturday.

The Foreign Ministry in a statement today said that so far, 29 people were reported injured in the blast that occurred at 8.30pm.

“The local authorities are currently investigating the cause of the incident,” the statement said.

The Foreign Ministry said it would continue to monitor the situation.

Malaysian citizens in New York who require assistance can contact the Consulate-General in the city via e-mail at [email protected], or by calling +1(212)490 2722/23.

The public can also get in touch with Wisma Putra at 03-8887 4570 (24-hour hotline).