KUALA LUMPUR: The Association of Malaysian Highway Concessionaires today dismissed social media reports of a toll rate increase for several major highways effective Nov 16.
Its deputy president, Sazally Saidi, said the news was false and had been recycled by irresponsible people.
“Nov 16 is a Wednesday and not a Monday as stated in the hoax statement,” he told Bernama over a WhatsApp message.
The news had stated that the toll rate would go up by between RM1 and RM5.70 on Nov 16 along several highways.
This included the Kajang Dispersal Link Expressway (SILK) and Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway (DUKE), the message had read.