PETALING JAYA: The idea of falling sick, then finding a cockroach in your medication is enough to make anyone recoil in utter disgust.
To K Selvam’s horror, however, it was not one but two cockroaches that he discovered in a sealed bottle of cough medication he purchased from a clinic in Negeri Sembilan.
According to The Star, quoting Tamil daily Makkal Osai, the 50-year-old estate worker has since lodged a police report on the matter.
The Star said Selvam had already taken a mouthful of the medication when he realised there was something else in his mouth along with the syrupy liquid.
But it wasn’t until he spat it out that he discovered that it was a dead cockroach. Further examination of the bottle revealed another cockroach floating inside.