PETALING JAYA: Barisan Nasional has named four ministerial-level top guns in their general election slate for the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya and Labuan.
They are cabinet ministers Johari Abdul Ghani and Tengku Adnan Tengku Tengku Mansor, who seek re-election; former minister Zulhasnan Rafique, who returns from the US where he was Malaysia’s ambassador; and Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin, also a former minister.
MCA has four candidates in the list, Gerakan two, and myPPP one.
Johari, who is Second Finance Minister, seeks re-election in Titiwangsa and Tengku Adnan in Putrajaya, while Rozman Isli will seek re-election in Labuan.
Zulhasnan will contest Setiawangsa, won by BN in 2013.
Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin, who was FT and urban well-being minister 2009-2013, will contest Lembah Pantai where was defeated by PKR’s Nurul Izzah Anwar in 2013.
Barisan Nasional’s four MPs from the last election were from Umno.
The full list of the Federal Territory seats and candidates to be nominated next Saturday (April 28):
* Kepong – Ong Siang Liang (Gerakan)
* Batu – Dominic Lau (Gerakan)
* Wangsa Maju – Yeow Teong Look (MCA)
* Segambut – Loga Bala Mohan (MyPPP)
* Setiawangsa – Zulhasnan Rafique (Umno)
* Titiwangsa – Johari Ghani (Umno)
* Bukit Bintang – Ann Tan Ean Ean (MCA)
* Lembah Pantai – Raja Nong Chik Raja Zainal Abidin (Umno)
* Seputeh – Chan Quin Er (MCA)
* Cheras – Heng Sinn Yee (MCA)
* Bandar Tun Razak – Adnan Abdul Seman (Umno)
* Putrajaya – Tengku Adnan Tengku Tengku Mansor (Umno)
* Labuan – Rozman Isli (Umno)
Click here to get live updates throughout the GE14 season