KUALA LUMPUR: Former Selangor executive councillor Ronnie Liu makes a return to Selangor DAP’s election slate, with six new faces chosen as prospective candidates for the state assembly.
Ronnie Liu will be fielded in Sungai Pelek. He was formerly state executive councillor and elected to Pandamaran in 2008 but was not fielded in the 2013 general election.
DAP secretary-general Lim Guan Eng announced the party’s slate today, with four seeking re-election as MPs and seven seeking re-election as state assembly members.
The new state candidates are:
* Brian Lai – Teratai
* Edry Faizal Yusof – Dusun Tua
* Michelle Ng – Subang Jaya
* Lim Yi Wei – Kampung Tunku
* Jamaliah Jamaluddin – Bandar Utama
* Tony Leong – Pandamaran
Lim said the party will contest 16 state constituencies, as before. Nomination of candidates will take place next Saturday (April 28) and polling takes place on May 9.
Those seeking re-election are:
* Ong Kian Ming – Bangi (renamed from Serdang)
* Gobind Singh Deo- Puchong
* Tony Pua – Damansara (renamed from Petaling Jaya Utara)
* Charles Santiago – Klang
* Ng Suee Lim – Sekinchan
* Lee Kee Hiong – Kuala Kubu Baru
* Eddie Ng – Balakong
* Ean Yong Hian Wah – Seri Kembangan
* Ng Sze Han – Kinrara
* Rajiv Rishyakaran – Bukit Gasing
* Teng Chang Khim – Sungai Pinang
* V Ganabathirao – Sri Muda (was formerly elected in Kota Kemuning)
* Lau Weng San – Telok Dato (formerly in Banting)
Lim reminded members and supporters that the party would contest on a PKR ticket, using PKR’s logo as the common election symbol.
“It was not an easy decision,” he said. “But resting the rocket for this election does not mean we love the rocket less, it means we love Malaysia more.”
Click here to get live updates throughout the GE14 season