JOHOR BAHRU: Johor Menteri Besar Mohamed Khaled Nordin has announced that he will contest the Pasir Gudang parliamentary seat and the Permas state seat in the coming election.
Khaled also said that Special Affairs Department director-general Mohd Puad Zarkashi would not be contesting the Batu Pahat parliamentary seat. Instead, he will be replaced by Batu Pahat Wanita Umno chief Halizah Abdullah.
Acting Pagoh Umno chief Ismail Mohamed will stand in the Pagoh parliamentary seat against PPBM president Muhyiddin Yassin.
“There are 16 Umno candidates for parliamentary constituencies and 35 for state seats. MCA will have eight candidates for parliamentary seats and 15 for state.
“MIC has one candidate for parliamentary and four for state seats while Gerakan has one candidate for parliamentary and two for state constituencies.
“Of the 20 parliamentary seats won by Barisan Nasional (BN) in the last general election, 15 incumbents will be retained and two will not defend their seats in Pasir Gudang and Kota Tinggi. One has been moved from the Sekijang parliamentary seat to the Kemelah state seat,” he said.
Khaled said of the 37 incumbents in the state constituencies, 19 would be retained.
From the 82 candidates for both parliamentary and state seats, he added, nine are women, two youths and one from Puteri Umno.
“Johor BN is offering 37 fresh faces, which is about 45.1%. Of these, five will stand in parliamentary constituencies and 32 in state seats,” he said.
The following is the list of BN candidates contesting in Johor parliamentary constituencies:
* Segamat – Dr S Subramaniam (MIC)
* Sekijang – Ayub Rahmat (Umno)
* Labis – Chua Tee Yong (MCA)
* Pagoh – Ismail Mohamed (Umno)
* Ledang – Hamim Samuri (Umno)
* Bakri – Koh Chon Chai (MCA)
* Muar – Razali Ibrahim (Umno)
* Parit Sulong – Noraini Ahmad (Umno)
* Ayer Hitam – Wee Ka Siong (MCA)
* Sri Gading – Abdul Aziz Kaprawi (Umno)
* Batu Pahat – Halizah Abdullah (Umno)
* Simpang Renggam – Liang Teck Meng (Gerakan)
* Kluang – Gan Peng Siew (MCA)
* Sembrong – Hishamuddin Hussein (Umno)
* Mersing – Latiff Ahmad (Umno)
* Tenggara – Adham Baba (Umno)
* Kota Tinggi – Halimah Sadique (Umno)
* Pengerang – Azalina Othman Said (Umno)
* Pasir Gudang – Mohamed Khaled Nordin (Umno)
* Johor Bahru – Shahrir Samad (Umno)
* Pulai – Nur Jazlan Mohamed (Umno)
* Iskandar Puteri – Teoh Sew Hock (MCA)
* Kulai – Tang Nai Soon (MCA)
* Pontian – Ahmad Maslan (Umno)
* Tanjong Piai – Wee Jeck Seng (MCA)
* Tebrau – Hou Kok Chung (MCA)
Click here to get live updates throughout the GE14 season.