KUCHING: Sarawak PKR chairman Baru Bian, who is also Ba’kelalan state assemblyman, announced today he would contest in the Selangau parliamentary seat.
He said PKR will contest in 15 parliamentary seats and Amanah in six parliamentary seats in Sarawak in the May 9 polls.
The announcement of candidates was made by Baru and state Amanah secretary Abang Abdul Halil Abang Naili at a hotel here this evening. Sarawak DAP chairman Chong Chieng Jen was also present.
Baru said Dr Michael Teo would be defending the Miri parliamentary seat, the sole seat held by PKR in the state.
The following is the full list of PKR and Amanah candidates contesting in 21 parliamentary constituencies in Sarawak for GE14.
- P193 Santubong – Mohamad Fidzuan Zaidi (Amanah)
- P193 Petra Jaya – Nor Irwan Ahmad Nor (PKR)
- P197 Kota Samarahan – Sopian Julaihi (Amanah)
- P198 Puncak Borneo – Willie Mongin (PKR)
- P200 Batang Sadong – Othman Mustapha @ Mos (Amanah)
- P201 Batang Lupar – Narudin Mentali (Amanah)
- P202 Sri Aman – Norina Utot (PKR)
- P203 Lubok Antu – Nicholas Bawin (PKR)
- P204 Betong – Noel Bucking (PKR)
- P205 Saratok – Ali Biju (PKR)
- P206 Tanjong Manis – Mohamad Fadillah Sabali (Amanah)
- P207 Igan – Andri Zulkarnaen Hamdan (Amanah)
- P210 Kanowit – Satu Anchom (PKR)
- P213 Mukah – Abdul Jalil Bujang (PKR)
- P214 Selangau – Baru Bian (PKR)
- P216 Hulu Rajang – Abun Sui Anyit (PKR)
- P218 Sibuti – Jemat Panjang (PKR)
- P219 Miri – Dr Michael Teo (PKR)
- P220 Baram – Roland Egan (PKR)
- P221 Limbang – Dr Ricardo Baba (PKR)
- P222 Lawas – Danny Piri (PKR).