Khairy wants to ‘bury Rafizi once and for all’

Khairy said Rafizi had made unsubstantiated claims about him and the Negeri MB. (Facebook pic)

KUALA LUMPUR: Khairy Jamaluddin will pursue his plans to sue Rafizi Ramli for defamation if the PKR vice-president refuses to retract an accusation that Barisan Nasional (BN) was responsible for barring a PKR candidate from contesting the 14th general election (GE14).

“I want to bury him once and for all because I can’t accept his lies, especially about my electoral integrity,” the Umno Youth chief said during a walkabout in Bangsar here.

BN’s Negeri Sembilan Menteri Besar Mohamad Hasan won the Rantau state seat uncontested after PKR’s Dr Streram Sinnasamy was disallowed from entering the nomination centre at the Seri Rembau Hall on Saturday because he did not have an EC pass.

Khairy, who is youth and sports minister, said the incident was not a “fiasco” as alleged because it had nothing to do with BN.

“The fiasco lies with Rafizi who has made unsubstantiated claims about the involvement of me and the MB,” said the incumbent MP of Rembau in Negeri Sembilan, who is defending his seat.

He claimed that the allegation that he and Mohamad were behind the incident was a lie perpetuated by Rafizi.

He also said he was with Indian voters last night and what happened to Streram was not an issue with them.

Earlier today, Rafizi said he would be more than happy to see Khairy in court.

He said Streram could have easily won if he was allowed to contest.

This was because Streram had worked the ground for the past two years in Rantau where support had since shifted to Pakatan Harapan (PH), he said.

He claimed Streram had been “purposely kicked out” as Mohamad and Khairy were “afraid to lose”.

Our man able to beat Mohamad Hasan in Rantau, says PKR’s Rafizi

Khairy to sue Rafizi over comments on Rantau

Bersih slams ‘disgraceful’ nomination process