I’m ready to be investigated, says ex-IGP Khalid

Former IGP Khalid Abu Bakar was named by Dr Mahathir Mohamad as a target of investigation. (Facebook pic)

GEORGE TOWN: Former Inspector-General of Police Khalid Abu Bakar said he is ready to be investigated on any matter if the need arises.

“I am still duty bound to cooperate in any official matters, including investigations conducted against me,” he told FMT today.

Khalid’s name was mentioned, together with that of Attorney-General Apandi Ali as possible targets of investigations by the incoming Pakatan Harapan federal government.

Yesterday, prime minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad said Apandi and Khalid might be investigated for their roles in the previous government’s aborted investigations into 1MDB.

Khalid was part of a task force of four government service heads – the other two being the heads of Bank Negara and the anti-corruption agency – who conducted an investigation into 1MDB’s finances and investments.

Yesterday, claims were made on social media that several high-ranking people had been barred from leaving the country and their bank accounts frozen.

However, Khalid said he is not aware of any travel ban. “I don’t know,” he said.

Former prime minister Najib Razak said today that he and his wife Rosmah Mansor have been blacklisted by the Immigration Department. He had said earlier this morning that they had planned to “take a short break” to be with their families.

Khalid, 60, retired from the police force on Sept 4 last year and is currently chairman of Prasarana Malaysia Berhad, which owns public transport operators such as RapidKL.

Apandi denies secret agenda, hiding 1MDB evidence

AG, MACC on Dr M’s radar