KUALA LUMPUR: National Feedlot Corporation Sdn Bhd (NFCorp) will continue with committal proceedings (contempt of court) against PKR vice-president Rafizi Ramli for refusing to remove an article about NFC from his blog and Facebook.
NFCorp’s lawyer, Noor Farhah Mustaffa, and executive chairman Mohamad Salleh Ismail told reporters this when met after case management in chambers today before High Court judge Nik Hasmat Nik Mohamad.
Rafizi was represented by Ng Siau San.
According to Noor Farhah, the parties failed to reach an agreement after Ng informed her that Rafizi had rejected a number of conditions set by Mohamad Salleh, including removing the article implicating NFC from his blog and Facebook.
“If Rafizi had agreed to the conditions, my client would have withdrawn the committal proceedings against him,” she said.
She added that the court had fixed Aug 24 to hear the committal application.
On May 23 last year, Mohamad Salleh and NFCorp were granted leave to commence committal proceedings against Rafizi after the former Pandan MP posted an article about NFC despite a court order forbidding him to do so.
Rafizi has applied to set aside Mohamad Salleh and NFCorp’s committal application related to the sale of property at KL Eco City, Bangsar.
On Oct 31, 2016, the Kuala Lumpur High Court ruled in favour of the applicants in their defamation suit and ordered Rafizi to pay RM200,000 in damages.
Mohamad Salleh and NFCorp also named Malaysiakini in their suit. However, they lost and were ordered to pay the news portal RM50,000.