PUTRAJAYA: Former deputy prime minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has completed the fifth round of questioning at the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) headquarters here today.
The Umno president left the MACC premises at 7.40pm after being questioned by anti-graft officials for nearly 11 hours.
“If God wills it, today will be the last day for me to give my statement and to explain the seven issues to assist MACC in its probe.
“And I am ready to give statements again if there is a need for me to give more information to assist in the investigation,” he said.
He also thanked the anti-graft officials for acting professionally throughout the investigation.
He said he had nothing to hide and he had cooperated fully with the MACC.
“I hope this will clear all the confusion.”
Earlier at 12.15pm, Zahid left the building for lunch and Friday prayers, saying that he hoped the questioning would be completed today.
He was called in over allegations of abuse of funds from his family-run foundation, Yayasan Akal Budi.
Zahid was grilled by anti-graft officials for nearly nine hours yesterday, on the back of another session which ran for some eight hours on Wednesday.
Zahid, who is chairman of the foundation, told MACC in July that RM800,000 had been reimbursed to the foundation two years ago.
He blamed an employee for making a mistake in issuing a cheque from the foundation to pay for his credit card bills, saying he had earlier instructed the employee to prepare the payment from his personal bank account.
He was also questioned that month over an alleged meeting with a member of Saudi Arabia’s royal family in 2015, who is said to have donated money to former prime minister Najib Razak.