Remand extended for principal accused of sodomising teens

BUTTERWORTH: The remand order for a principal who allegedly sodomised two teenagers at a secondary school here has been extended another three days to facilitate investigations.

Seberang Perai Utara district police chief Noorzainy Mohd Noor said the 55-year-old, whose remand expired today, was arrested on Thursday.

“But police have received an extension of the remand order for us to hold him for another three days until Oct 31 to enable us to complete the investigation papers.

“After the investigation papers are ready, they will be referred to the public prosecutor for further action,” he said here today.

On Tuesday, Bernama reported that police were investigating two reports made by a Year Five student and a Form One student, claiming they had been sodomised by the man while they were participating in an education programme recently at the school where he is the principal.

The two boys, aged 11 and 13, lodged their reports after telling their respective families.