PETALING JAYA: The former official from the Education Performance and Delivery Unit (Padu) who made serious allegations against his previous employers and the education ministry says he is ready to cooperate with the authorities in any investigation into his claims.
Raja Nazim Nazuddin told FMT he also welcomed the police report lodged against him by Padu, whom he had accused of wasting millions of ringgit under the previous administration.
He said his allegations, published in a recent interview with FMT, were only “the tip of the iceberg” and that authorities like the police and Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission would be able to provide more detailed and explicit findings.
“Whether the appropriate action will be taken against the actual wrongdoers will be the litmus test of whether the new government is true to its word of zero tolerance for any form of abuse of power,” he added.
Nazim, a former chief financial officer of Padu, said he was also considering making a police report against the unit under the education ministry for disclosing a pending Industrial Court case. He said the truth behind his termination would be revealed in due course.
Earlier, it was reported that Padu had lodged a police report against Nazim to debunk his claims.
The education ministry said Nazim’s accusations were linked to the previous administration and had nothing to do with the present government.
Without naming Nazim, it said he was a former contract staff of Padu who began his service there on Nov 15, 2013. His contract was terminated on April 2, 2015.
Nazim had previously urged the government to revamp the unit, claiming it was responsible for wasting millions of ringgit under the previous administration through questionable decisions.
Padu was set up in 2013 to drive and monitor the performance of initiatives under the Malaysia Education Blueprint 2013-2025.