KUALA LUMPUR: A third suspect has been arrested over the firecracker incident that injured 34 people during the Thaipusam celebration at Batu Caves last night.
Gombak district police chief Samsor Maarof said the 25-year-old suspect was arrested in the vicinity of the caves at 3am today.
Police had earlier detained two suspects, aged 23 and 28, including a dancer, to assist in the investigations.
Samsor said police would carry out urine tests on all three suspects, who had been remanded until Friday.
He said one of the men had a criminal record.
Police had said the incident was believed to have occurred when a man who came with his two friends to celebrate the occasion set off the firecrackers at the Middle Ring Road 2 elevated intersection at about 8.40pm.
The crackers which should have exploded in the air exploded on the road and injured 34 people.
Three vehicles were also damaged.
Samsor said all the 34 have since been discharged from the hospital.
He said the case is being investigated for negligent conduct with explosive substances.