KUALA LUMPUR: The investigation paper on Umno Youth executive council member Wan Muhammad Azri Wan Deris, better known as Papagomo, who allegedly roughed up Youth and Sports Minister Syed Saddiq Syed Abdul Rahman, is expected to be referred to the deputy public prosecutor today.
Deputy Inspector-General of Police Noor Rashid Ibrahim said police had completed the probe on Papagomo, who was released on bail yesterday.
“We will wait and see if we need any further investigation or we should just proceed with charging him by tomorrow.
“We will know (the DPP’s decision) soon,” he said after presenting Pingat Jasa Pahlawan Negara awards to 280 police officers at the Police Training Centre here today.
Wan Azri, 36, was remanded on Monday to assist in the investigation into the alleged attack on Syed Saddiq in Kajang last Saturday.
The Muar MP alleged that he was attacked by a group of opposition supporters when he left the Semenyih by-election nomination centre at the Kajang Municipal Council’s Seri Cempaka Hall at around 10.45am.
Meanwhile, Rashid said police were awaiting instructions from the Attorney-General’s Office on the next course of action regarding the case of Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu’s son, who was arrested after testing positive for drugs on Jan 5.
According to Rashid, the investigation paper had been completed after police received the medical report from a hospital.
The media had reported that a minister’s son was among two men arrested during a police raid on an entertainment outlet along Jalan Ampang about 3am.
The 31-year-old was arrested with his 33-year-old friend. Both were reported to have tested positive for ganja (cannabis).