SEMENYIH: The Pakatan Harapan (PH) government is in a very stable state and the public is advised not to be influenced by the allegations that say otherwise.
DAP deputy chairman Gobind Singh Deo also denied speculation that there was a plot to move a vote of no confidence against Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
“The PH government in Putrajaya is very stable. The issue of the vote of no confidence is not true. PAS is playing this issue during the Semenyih state by-election because it has no issue.
“There is no issue between the parties in PH… not at all. People do not have to worry about this,” he said when campaigning for the by-election here last night.
PAS president Abdul Hadi Awang was previously reported to have said that a vote of no confidence would be tabled during the coming Dewan Rakyat sitting.
Gobind, who is also communications and multimedia minister, said the people should give time to the PH government to deliver all its manifesto promises made during the 14th general election in May last year.
“PH has been given the mandate to administer the country for five years before the next general election, so give us time to deliver on all our promises,” he said.
Speaking to reporters afterwards, Gobind, commenting on the issue of toll collection on expressways, said that any announcement pertaining to the matter should be done by the relevant minister.
“This toll issue has been brought up since 2008. If it can’t be abolished then we must reduce the rate for the welfare of the people. Even the Barisan Nasional (BN) government that administered the country for 61 years failed to do it, so we (PH) need to show that we are different from them,” he said.
Yesterday, PPBM president Muhyiddin Yassin said a toll-related announcement would be made soon by the relevant ministry.
The Semenyih state by-election on March 2 will witness a four-cornered fight between Pakatan Harapan’s Muhammad Aiman Zainali, BN’s Zakaria Hanafi, Parti Sosialis Malaysia’s (PSM) Nik Aziz Afiq Abdul and independent Kuan Chee Heng.