KUALA LUMPUR: Inspector-General of Police Mohamad Fuzi Harun says the second autopsy report on former Cradle Fund Sdn Bhd CEO Nazrin Hassan has been submitted to the deputy public prosecutor.
He said the report was submitted on Feb 22.
“The Selangor police have submitted the investigation report on Nazrin’s death, including the results of the second post-mortem. So far, no new arrests have been made,” he told reporters at an event in conjunction with the 63rd anniversary of the Federal Reserve Unit and presentation of the Jasa Pahlawan Negara medals here today.
Nazrin’s body was exhumed on Oct 8 last year after the police obtained an order from the Magistrate’s Court for a second post-mortem to facilitate investigations into his death.
Nazrin, 45, died in a fire at his two-storey home in Mutiara Damansara on June 14 last year.
Police reclassified his death as murder under Section 302 of the Penal Code on Aug 3, following a forensic investigation report by the fire and rescue department which cited suspected foul play.