KUALA LUMPUR: The prosecution’s application to transfer the criminal breach of trust (CBT) case of former Malaysian External Intelligence Organisation (MEIO) director-general Hasanah Abdul Hamid to the High Court will be heard on March 15.
Hasanah’s counsel Mohd Khairul Azam Abdul Aziz said this when met by the media after case management before High Court deputy registrar Farah Azura Mohd Saad here today.
“The application will be heard before High Court judge Collin Lawrence Sequerah,” he said, adding that there had been no objection by the defence.
“The court fixed March 15 for the application to be heard at the High Court to record the transfer of this case from the Sessions Court to the High Court,” he said during proceedings in his chambers which was also attended by deputy public prosecutor Muhd Ilmami Ahmad.
On Oct 25, 2018, Hasanah pleaded not guilty, as a civil servant, to CBT amounting to US$12.1 million (RM50.4 million) involving government funds.
The offence was allegedly committed between April 30 and May 9 last year at the Director-General’s Office, Research Division in the Prime Minister’s Department.
She was charged under Section 409 of the Penal Code which carries a maximum jail term of 20 years, whipping and a fine, upon conviction.