PETALING JAYA: Former prime minister Najib Razak today said he would persevere in the face of what he claims are efforts by the Pakatan Harapan (PH) government to destroy him through “inhumane” means.
“The PH government has never stopped finding ways to wipe me out. Not that easy. People can use their judgment and read my Facebook and social media posts. I respond with facts and experience,” the former leader said on Facebook as the nation marks the first anniversary of the historic election last year which brought down Barisan Nasional (BN).
Najib said he remembered the days following his election defeat when police carried out raids on his properties during the month of Ramadan.
“They continued the disturbance at my house till sahur (the Ramadan pre-dawn meal), including at my mother’s home. It was an early sign that humanity is absent in the PH government today,” said Najib who is currently facing more than 40 charges of corruption, money laundering and criminal breach of trust related to the 1MDB scandal.
Najib, who has since taken on PH leaders using his “Bossku” battle cry, said nothing would silence him from speaking out.
Police and anti-graft officers began raiding several properties linked to Najib’s family about a week after the May 9 election.
They carted away boxes of cash in different denominations, as well as luxury goods including jewellery, handbags and watches.
Police later said the seized goods and cash were worth close to RM1 billion.